[Tutor] More Tkinter Help Please [callbacks and embedded functions]

SA sarmstrong13@mac.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:25:57 -0500

Ok.

So I guess my question is, if I have a program that has  these two calsses,
how do I call the second class(which would be a popup dialog box for saving
the test in e1 to a file) from a button that is defined and packed in the
first class?

Basically I have two text fields and four buttons. One button executes
whatever code is typed in the first text field and displays the out put in
the second text field. The next two buttons clear one of the text fields.
And the fourth button should popup a new dialog that has two entry fields.
When the Save button is pushed in the dialog box, the the second class will
take the entries from the dialog box as the absolute path to the save file
and save the text from the first text field in the first class to the user
designated savefile.

As for the naming conventions used in the book, I realize they are not very
readable. That is because they are carryovers from a Tcl/Tk program. When I
get everything working properly, I plan on changing them to more readable
terms.

Thanks.
SA