[Tutor] Re: Convert man file into readable text file

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:46:55 -0500

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 07:53:59AM +0700, Mico Siahaan wrote:
| At 12:22 PM 6/14/2002 +0100, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:
| >> I'm a newbie. I want to make a python script to convert a man
| >> file into a readable text file
| >
| >As an excercise fine but you could just do:
| >
| >nroff -man foo.man > foo.txt
| >
| >Its easier, faster and probably more useful since it will
| >create the paragraphs and headings etc correctly....
|
| Thanks. Actually I'm using Windows. I copied a man file into my Windows=
=20
| machine then tried to read that man file.
| So, I guess I should process the file first with nroff before copy it int=
o=20
| my Windows machine. :)

Install cygwin.  When you do, you'll get 'man', 'groff', 'sed', 'awk',
'vim', and all the other nice tools that are so essential to the
usability of any system.

-D

--=20

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
        Matthew 10:28
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2