[Tutor] reference material

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:45:43 +0100

> I wanted to know what you guys recommend for reference material on =
> Tkinter widgets.

My primary source is the O'Reilly Tcl/Tk in a Nutshell
Its all Tcl based but its easy to translate.

Next stop is the online Tkinter reference by F Lundh

When that fails I turn to Graysons Tkinter book

Finally, I read the source code! Unfortunately that
happens more often than I'd like :-(

> recomendations for general python programming
> reference book or online source

Books are Beasleys Essential Python and Lutz
Programming Python. Very different books but both
good one past the basics.

Online the best is the standard docs plus the SIGS.
Followed by the Dive into Python site

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site