[Tutor] New member question

Laney Mills millsl@cofc.edu" <millsl@cofc.edu
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 14:16:39 -0400

Hi everyone on the list,

This list seems like a perfect idea.

I am a pc used using windows 98.  I downloaded

Python 2.1.2 (#31, Jan 15 2002, 17:28:11) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

frp, www.python.org

and let it install itself.  I am able to open IDLE by clicking

"C:\Program Files\Python21\Tools\idle\idle.pyw"

statements like

>>>print 2+2
5

work ok.

But if I make a small module and try to open it, the program can't find it.
 I am suspecting this problem is an issue concerning PYTHONPATH, but I'm
not sure.  I have read news lists and tutor information and o'reilly
"learning python", but ALL those sources given answers using concepts
rather more sophisticated than my actual question.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Also, what is tkinter and does it come with this distribution?  I can't
find it, but thought it came with the download from python.org.

Thanks in advance