[Tutor] little something in the way of file parsing

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

> To further along Danny's idea of digging into the code...
> I have a question as to why xreadlines wouldn't work here?  It seems
> that this is exactly what xreadlines is for; iterating over a large file
> without loading it all into memory at once.  Ah, wait xreadlines is only
> available for 2.1+, was that it?

I learned python in the 1.5 days so I often forget about items like xreadlines.
I am not certain how this function would deal with a 200 thousand line file
though.

There are other 2.x isms in the code (setdefault) so ignoring xreadlines for
only that reason would be silly.