[Tutor] hi

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, [iso-8859-1] Vince Khoo wrote:

> I read that it's better to write a programme with the notepad and then
> run it with the interpreter, how can I do this?

Hi Vince,

Actually, it's even easier if you use a text editor program called IDLE.
IDLE comes with Python, so you should have it installed already if you've
installed Python.

I have a small tutorial on using IDLE here; it might be helpful for you.
Here you go:

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

This tutorial tries to show how you can start up IDLE, write a small
program, and save and restore your programs for later experiments. If you
have any questions about it, please feel free to ask here.

I hope this helps you!