[Tutor] Simple Python Question.

SA sarmstrong13@mac.com
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 18:08:12 -0500

What is the best way to look up all the python modules present in Python
while in IDLE?

Basically, I've been importing modules and then using the dir() and help()
commands to try to get a feel for how the module works. What I would like to
do is, while I'm working out a program in interactive mode, I would like to
list all of the modules available(preferably by category), their contents,
and how they are used in a program. I guess if there is a gui app that does
this also that would be good.(You know, it list all available modules on my
system, their contents, and then uses something like help() to tell me how
to use the module and all of it's classes and functions)

Thanks.
SA

--
"I can do everything on my Mac I used to on my PC. Plus a lot more ..."
-Me