[Tutor] Many files or one big file?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:21:56 +0100

> In the end there will probaly be more. The 5250 is a funky machine.

It sure is. I once wrote a C++ 3270 'emulator' (actually an API
for doing robotics on a mainframe) and they work in a similar way
to the 5250.

> with a long history. It is screen based, which is closer in
> implementation to a web based app then to any PC/Unix console I have
> seen.

Yes, thats something I've noticed to. In fact I reckon an AS/400
should make a fantastic CGI web server since the hardware
architecture is nearly ideal for the job - far better than the
more usual *nix machines. However I've not seen many AS/400 sites
and never had the chance to try!

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site