[Tutor] Re: rtf

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:45:02 -0500

--Oiv9uiLrevHtW1RS

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:37:25AM -0500, Alan Trautman wrote:
| hi,
|=20
| Just a quick question because I haven't found anyone or library that does
| it. Does anyone know of a library or project that creates rtf formatting =
for
| you? I need to create printable report in the windows world with some
| formatted and shaded table otherwise I would use HTML. I do already have a
| HTML copy of the page working.

HTML can do table formatting and background shading.

Otherwise I recommend using reportlab and generating a PDF file.  Note
that anything more complex than HTML will take quite a bit more coding
(you'll have to do the "rendering" first, rather than spew out some
text and let the browser deal with it).  RTF isn't an open standard
anyways, so you'll find it hard to work with it in a
reliable/complete/robust manner.

-D

--=20

After you install Microsoft Windows XP, you have the option to create
user accounts.  If you create user accounts, by default, they will have
an account type of administrator with no password.
                                                            -- bugtraq
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--Oiv9uiLrevHtW1RS