[Tutor] Many files or one big file?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:15:49 +0100

> > This brings me to a question though.  Should the lib be all
> > implemented in one file as  you have it or in different files

> I tend towards placing smaller related classes in the same file.

The useful unit of reuse in Python is the file therefore collect
all you need into a file and keep it together. eg. you should
never need to import say 3 separate files to access one feature.

equally we don't want to import  a single huge file to access
a single feature so organize on the basis of what might
conceivably be reusable in the future, either by you or somebody
else.

Alan g.