[Tutor] setting up a timer

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:47:02 -0400

John, I haven't tried your suggestion yet.  My code includes checking if
the sql server is running with the correct configuration and restarting
it when necessary.  So I thought covering it all with one timer would be
simpler.

I implemented a timer to catch a connection/startup failure. I tested using
a while 1: loop to simulate a connection/startup failure.  The timer did
get triggered and it raised an exception.  However, raising an
exception doesn't terminate the process.  Is there a way to kill a thread?
Or is there some documentation about using exceptions with threads?

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice: