[Fwd: Re: [Tutor] LISP and Python]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:38:50 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Remco Gerlich wrote:

> I don't know much about Lisp. I suppose you have to put a layer on C
> in between; if you can call C functions from Lisp, you can have it run
> the Python interpreter to make library calls. But it's not going to be
> much fun, I think.
>
> Are you sure there aren't many libraries for Lisp? I had expected it
> to have lots. Maybe only commercial or not all those newfangled
> Internet protocols...

You may want to check PLT Scheme:

    http://www.plt-scheme.org/

PLT Scheme definitely has support for networking protocols and other
utilities.

It would definitely be a cool project to create some hybrid Lisp bridge
that could access Python functions, and vice versa.  I don't recall ever
hearing anyone doing this yet.