[Tutor] Tkinter GUI extension

David Deuber ddeuber@arri.de
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:05:50 +0100

Since your mail reader does not understand

--------------3E5E70FE9B6A96728982285A

I'm running on an Irix system and having difficulties installing python
with the Tkinter GUI extension.  I've downloaded the following code from

this url -

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5470&release_id=66610.

tcl8.0.5
tk8.0.5
Python-2.2

Thus far I'm able to start python interactive session but not able to
import Tkinter-
>>from Tkinter import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/Python-2.2/Lib/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

Can you help me find a way to get this to work or point me in the
correct documention location?  Our system admin suggested I try to
download a binary version of Python to avoid compiling it.  I'm not able

to find a binary version for unix , only windows .

Thanx for any insights

-david

--------------3E5E70FE9B6A96728982285A

begin:vcard=20
n:Deuber;David
tel;home:+49-89-89 99 79 60
tel;work:+49-89-38 09 12 69
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.arri.com
org:ARRI ;Digtial Film
adr:;;T=FCrkenstr. 95;M=FCnchen;;80799;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:ddeuber@arri.de
title:Technical Director
x-mozilla-cpt:;28128