[Tutor] Python in Apache? [should we set up a wiki?]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:46:04 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Israel Evans wrote:

>      I was able to set things up like you said and was able to get the alias
> to work, but after saving the file in the new aliased directory, I restarted
> the server and tried to execute the .py file, but I got a 404 and I was told
> that the file couldn't be found even though it's actually there??!!
>
> This is what the Error log tells me...
>
> (2)No such file or directory: script not found or unable to stat: c:/program
> files/apache group/apache/pyscriptstest.py
>
> HOLD IT!
>
> You are a SAINT!   I noticed the error stated that it couldn't start the
> file pyscriptstest.py.  What is missing here is a "/".  I went in and made
> sure both the script alias and the directory paths in the .conf file ended
> with such a wonderful little character and afterwards my python file worked
> like a charm!!!

We should archive this thread somewhere so that others don't have to go
through the pain that you've just gone through.  *grin* I've been thinking
of setting up a Python-Tutor Wiki, but I don't have too much experience
with Wikis yet to know if this would be useful.  What do people think
about this?