[Tutor] active state or py.org (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:35:41 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Danny Yoo wrote:

> You recommend window users to download Python from their org -OR- is
> it better to download the windows version from Active State?
> Appreciate your tutorial link, I'll check it out.

Either distribution is ok.  If you're planning to do Windows specific
stuff, the ActiveState version seems nicer because it's bundled with some
Windows-specific modules as well as a text editor called PythonWin.

I have to say, though, that I'm not the best person to ask about this: I
run Debian Linux on my home system, so I haven't really had too much
experience with the Windows stuff.  Sorry!

> --By the way, from your cs.berk.edu I presume you're in the computer
> science dept.

I wish.  *grin* I just graduated from Berkeley, and just have been able to
retain my email address at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu.  Otherwise, I don't have
a formal affiliation with Berkeley.