[Tutor] <<NEWBIE>> Question re: list.append()

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:51:48 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Jeff Shannon wrote:

> In this case, you're probably best off using whichever method looks
> clearest to you.  Don't worry much about how fast something is, until
> you've got something running and become aware that it's not fast
> enough.  Keep in mind that you probably won't be creating this map
> very often, so saving a millisecond or two on its creation isn't going
> to affect your game much.  :)

Also, there are tools that we can use to find out to study the speed of
our program.  These "profiler" tools can take a look at a sample run of
our program and point us toward sections that are critical for
performance.  There's some documentation on the Python profiler here:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/profile.html

Good luck!