[Tutor] Truckers Log....Me Again

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:41:55 -0000

> that this "while" loop would never end, since the condition "1"
> evaluates to "true" infinitely.

Correct, Danny forgot to put a break statement in one of
the branches.

> Another question I have is about objects.  I appreciate the "dumb
> question" thread from earlier this weekend, since I do not completely
> grasp the notion of objects myself.

> familiar with the use of objects.  Is the use of objects somehow more
> tightly integrated into Python than in other languages such
> as PHP and Perl?

Yes it is but its not toally essential.
See Kirks TL project where he hasn't used objects(or at least
hasn't created any) but built a production strength mail list
handler....

> I had assumed that I could learn Python's syntax and hopefully
> get started with some small-scale development as a learning exercise,
> and worry about objects later.

You an, no worries.

You will learn to use objects, possibly subliminally, in Python.
Once you are comfortable in using them you can start thinking
about creating them.

Python is good for both approaches.

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site