[Tutor] Help, for I have lost the PATH

Frank Holmes flash1210@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:17:15 -0800

I cannot seem to get the path right so that python can find modules I have
written. It will run Tkinter OK, but not my test modules.
   I am running Windows ME, have python 2.0 installed in C:\Python20 and
keep my python programs and stuff in c:\stuff

   I have set the path in my autoexec as follows:

PATH C:\python20;%PATH%
SET PYTHONPATH=.;C:\Python20\lib;c:\Python20\lib\tkinter;c:\stuff
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
SET windir=C:\WINDOWS
SET winbootdir=C:\WINDOWS
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
SET PROMPT=$p$g
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP

I have also tried:

SET
PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\python20;%PATH%
SET PYTHONPATH=.;C:\Python20\lib;c:\Python20\lib\tkinter;c:\stuff
SET windir=C:\WINDOWS
SET winbootdir=C:\WINDOWS
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
SET PROMPT=$p$g
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP

   My programs run, I can import a button from Tkinter but I cannot import
modules from 'stuff'

   I know this is more a dos question than python, but would appreciate any
help.
                                     Thanx