[Tutor] Zope and loading Python on a Hosted Website

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:23:36 -0500

I have not yet used the new template abilities.  They promise to make ZOPE a must use.
The ZOPE documentation has tended to be long on examples and How-To, but short on
theory.  This as made it tough for me to try some ideas.  However, there are now at
least three ZOPE books out (I have bought two), and I think that ZOPE will now be
reasonably well explained.

If you need a program/data driven web site, I think ZOPE IS the way to go.
(Warning.  I have only played with ZOPE.  low volumes of data and web usage.)

point 2:
You can run Python from non-standard locations so long as you know how to set the
permissions, etc.  A Python "runtime" would simply be the Python Interpreter plus
modules, libraries, etc.  If you are looking to hook your scripts to your website,
you will need the help and cooperation of the ISP who is doing the hosting.