[Tutor] Utter newbie question

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:53:50 -0500

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 03:17:48PM +1300, Willem de Beer wrote:
| Thanks for the info, although I still do not know what to do... :)

Ok.

| I downloaded SciPy-0.1.win32-py2.1.exe and ran it. It installed to
| the directory c:\Python21. There is a multiarray.pyd file in the
| Python21\DLLs directory, but I do not know what to do with it.

My guess is that that installer doesn't include Numeric with it, but
requires you to get it for yourself (now don't you wish you had
apt-get ;-)).

Go get Numeric and install it, that should help.  Can you post the
output of
    dir c:\python21
    dir c:\python21\dlls
?

-D

--

If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO