[Tutor] Trying to set-up Idle IDE Development Studio 1.0

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:00:39 -0500

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:22:17AM -0800, DavidCraig@pia.ca.gov wrote:
| I downloaded IDE Development Studio 1.0 from the Vaults of Parnassus and
| installed it.  When I opened it to the modified Idle development
| environment all appeared to be well.  I was able type into the interpreter
| but anytime that I tried to open or save a file or open any pull down menu
| I get the following error message:
|
|      Idledev Failure
|      Error finding editor command C:/'Program' PATH:C:\PYTHON21
                                              ^^^
| I am using Win 98, 2nd Edition,

Yep, classic problem for windows.  The problem is that space bewteen
"Program" and "Files" in the path.  The space character is often a
delimiter in strings; it is likely that something here is using it as
a delimiter when you want it embedded.  The easiest solution is to put
everything you need in directories with no spaces in the names.

HTH,
-D

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein