[Tutor] Operator Overloading Importance

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:42:54 -0800

How important is it to understand how to do operator overloading in
your early Python experience? I've written code -- though not
horribly complex stuff for the most part -- in a number of languages
which allowed operator overloading and never used it.

Yet "Learning Python" makes a pretty big issue out of it in the
chapter on objects, making it seem even more important than a good
understanding of how objects are created and managed (which makes me
suspicious to begin with).

So should I take the time to learn this now or can it wait? Or is it
ever really useful?

--
Dan Shafer, Personal Creativity Trainer and Consultant
Trained Hartman Value Profile Analyst