FW: [Tutor] Newbie!

Randy Talbot randytalbot@comcast.net
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:11:42 -0500

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a newbie in programming languages and I was instructed to begin
with
> Python! Could you please tell me the correct steps, should I make, in
> order to really learn the language and be possible to write serious
>programes? Which books would you suggest to buy for this? (and of
course >which other internet tutorials!).

Hi Thanos

The first book I like is "The Quick Python Book" by Daryl Harms (good
book to get you acquainted with python). Follow up by three books that I
like is "Core Python Programming" by Wesley Chun, "Python: Visual
QuickStart Guide" by Chris Fehily and the book I have just started using
but find that it is really good so far is "Python How to Program" by
Dietel (this book is expensive though).
Randy Talbot