[Tutor] Simple address book program in python

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:40:14 -0500

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 01:44  PM, Fred Gerbig wrote:

> Just something simple that would prompt the user for the different
> fields..
> first name, last name, address etc, then store the info in a text file.
> Then
> have some sort of search that would prompt the user for the last name
> for
> example and then go out search the text file, find the record and
> display it
> (using a simple sequential file).
>
> I am sure someone has to have done something similar in the past. If I
> can
> get a look at some code that does something like I want to do it will
> be a
> big step ahead in the learning process.

I haven't had time lately to check this site out thoroughly, but take a
look at http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/

Some great inspiration there.  Maybe you can find something related to
the text file manip you're trying to do.

Erik