[Tutor] omit some keys from dict

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:42:49 -0500

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 01:39  AM, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> modules written in pure python move forward from 1.x just fine 9 times
> out of
> 10.  The reverse is 1 out of 10 when moving back to 1.x.
>
> The real problem are the modules written in C.

I (mistakenly) thought that modules generally -were- pure python.  I
actually had been under the impression that a module was simply an
organized batch of code that could be imported into another bit of code
for the purpose of reusability.

I didn't realize that you could write a module in C and import it into
Python.  Or -- do you refer to extensions to Python's abilities that
would not otherwise be available to the language (that need to be coded
in C to gain access to certain things that Python couldn't already do)?

Erik