[Tutor] Newbie

Ciaguy@aol.com Ciaguy@aol.com
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:34:46 EST

I recently bought "SAMS Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours."  Hour #2 suggests
I sign up for the Tutor mailing list.  How to do this?

Background: I wish to teach myself to write programs for my computer.  I have
absolutely no experience.  I am probably around 10 notches below beginner
level.  I am no math whiz.  I am just a 60 y/o male with only a keen desire
to teach myself a programming language.  Friends(?) have suggested I start
with XBasic, Liberty Basic, Visual Basic, or even C++ (Wrong!).

Will Python be a good "idiot" user friendly language for self teachers, such
as myself?  Thanks for any advice or input.

Sincerely,
Wolf