[Tutor] idle or lack thereof ...

ahimsa ahimsa@onetel.net.uk
Tue Dec 31 06:33:00 2002

Hi again
I'm sorry to keep going on about this idle, but I must be having a brain
fugue or some such 'cos I seem to be having a really hard time figuring
this out. I followed up on a suggestion and found 'idle' buried within
the Tools sub-directory. When I went to go and call it this is the
output.
________

[ahimsa@localhost ahimsa]$ /usr/lib/python2.2/Tools/idle/idle.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/Tools/idle/idle.py", line 3, in ?
    import PyShell
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/Tools/idle/PyShell.py", line 13, in ?
    from Tkinter import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter
[ahimsa@localhost ahimsa]$
_______

Could someone give me a couple of suggestions how to "configure" python
for Tk please.

Thanks (once again) :)

AmF

--