[Tutor] capture :LPT

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Thu Dec 19 06:26:01 2002

At 08:24 2002-12-19 +0100, janos.juhasz@VELUX.com wrote:
>I have an ERP like program, that can't use the WINDOWS printing correctly,
>but printing nicely to DOS printers.

I'm not sure whether you mean that the output can't reach the printer,
or if it gets ugly. Either way, I don't think Python is the right tool
for this. A DOS printer device isn't a file...

If you do manage to get your text into Python, are you able to print
them from your python program in a simple way, or are you just getting
into deeper trouble? ;) DOS/Windows is a flawed platform. Many things
that are trivial in for instance Unix are much more complicated there.

Maybe this will help?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q154498
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/docid/1999111116163612
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/en/redmon.htm
http://www.lexpro.co.za/en/sundry/dos2win.html
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/anyprinter.html

Otherwise, look at some of these pages
http://members.cox.net/dos/print01.htm (LPT2DSK or PRN2FILE -- then you
can use Python if you wish.)
http://www.geocities.com/DOSPrint/
http://www.dosprint.com/

Good Luck!

As always, you can find a lot of information with Google.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN