[Tutor] How do you simulate a CGI script locally?

Alfred Milgrom fredm@smartypantsco.com
Fri Dec 13 01:09:01 2002

I guess this is a pretty stupid question, but I haven't been able to find
the answer anywhere.

I want to develop a CGI script, and I'd like to test it locally (I mean on
my own computer, running Windows), rather than uploading the file to the
server, testing it, revising it, and so on.

My question is: how do I make my Python program behave like a CGI script,
where print statements end up shown in the browser window. If I point my
browser at my CGI test file, it runs, but the output goes to the DOS box
instead.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Alfred Milgrom