[Tutor] Filenames with accents (special characters)

Poor Yorick gp@pooryorick.com
Mon Dec 2 13:00:01 2002

Since no one has responded to your question, I'll take a very uninformed
stab in the dark, and say that it may have something to do with your
windows locale settings.  See the thread regarding my question about
Chinese characters:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2002-July/016047.html

In a nutshell, if the character set indicated by your current Windows
locale settings does not contain one or more characters found in a given
filename, Python will not read that filename correctly.

Poor Yorick
gp@pooryorick.com