[Tutor] How to extract information from a stock website

Noriko Sakai myregmail@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi. I'm new to Python, and i've read that Python is
capable of extracting information such as latest stock
prices off the web. Can anyone tell me how i can
achieve this. I was thinking of building a website
that uses this information to help manage my stock
portfolios. Also, if i want to create a stand alone
Windows program that does this portfolio management,
can i still use Python to extract information as the
back-end of the software ? Any help appreciated. Thank
you