[Tutor] unsubscribe me

Lance E Sloan lsloan@umich.edu
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:17:05 -0400

--On Friday, August 23, 2002 1:05 AM -0400 Kirk Bailey <idiot1@netzero.net>
wrote:
> Ah, gee, am I being too nasty? Everyone, am I being overly naughty with
> this person?

No.  Maybe you're being sarcastic and brusque, but that may inspire the
recipient to pay attention! Isn't the subscription info included at the end
of the messages and in the headers, too?  (I'm subscribed to the digest
version of the list and what I see may be different than a non-digest
subscription.)

Actually, what you're doing, Kirk, is "teaching a man to fish."  He'll
never forget how to unsubscribe from a mailing list again!  ;)

I would like to suggest to the tutor list admin(s) (is that Danny?) that if
possible, configure the listserver to forward messages to
tutor-request@python.org if the subject line includes "subscribe" or
"unsubscribe" and not much else.

--
Lance E Sloan
Web Services, Univ. of Michigan: Full-service Web and database design,