[Tutor] Error handling resource needed

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:34:48 +0100

> I am looking for some tutorial level, but hopefully fairly
> thorough resource on exception handling in Python.

My tutor has "Tutorial level" but doesn't really cover things
like creating your own exception classes very much. Equally it
doesn't cover use of the traceback module which might be
considered part of exception handling.

It does show how to use exceptions both responding to them
and generating them. Also how to escalate them through the
code stack levels. Might do as a start...

Once you've covered that, if you have specific questions
why not ask here?

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site