[Tutor] write to a file in linux

Watt III, Glenn gwatt3@backbonesecurity.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:55:48 -0400

I am trying to write a script in which i write and save a new file in
linux i ran across tutorial that looks kind of out dated but gave me a
point in the right direction heres what i have

>>> import os

>>> wrt =3D os.open("an/interesting/filename.py", "w")

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: an integer is required

whats the deal i provided the variable wrt. i tried the above with both
new filenames and previously existing filenames. anyways after that i
plan to save the file and to combine all my emails into one i thought i
would include my next steps to have them checked out so here goes=20

>>> p.write('here is the stuff i plan to put inside the newly created
file')
>>> p.close()

ok well there it is hopefully this will actually work

Thankx