[Tutor] A simple question

BELSEY, Dylan dylan.belsey@baesystems.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:59:47 +0930

complete reference.

		Dylan

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc French [mailto:mcfrench69@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 August 2002 04:26
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] A simple question

Hello,
I am having problems importing modules from other parties, ie Scipy and
Gnuplot.py. Is there a directory that python is looking in when you import a

module? The modules are in C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages & a folder for
their respective .py files.
I am running python 2.2 with Pythonwin on Windows 2000.
I am a Visual Basic programmer. Do you recommend any good python books for
someone not use to the command line coming from a visual language?
Thanks for your help ahead of time.
Marc