[Tutor] User input question

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:29:24 +0100

> That's got rid of the error message, thanks.
> It now just squares the number that the user inputs, and also
> returns 'None'

Gosh, blush! Of course it will see the i value
because its global and you aren't assigning it.

Oops, however thats still not what you are trying
to do and your code should probably use the n
instead of i inside the function as per my previous
mail - which also explains why its printing None...

Sorry,

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site