[Tutor] User input question

shey crompton shey@argonaut.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:15:32 +0100

I have been trying to modify a script that prints out the times tables to
one that asks the user to input which times table they would like printed
out (between 1 and 13).
I have tried so many different ways of doing this without any success. I am
sure it's a simple answer, but I am starting to get frustrated.
The script below is my latest attempt, and the error message I get is below
it.
Hints, and tips greatly appreciated.

Shey

def timestab(n):
    if i < 13:
        print "%d x %d = %d" % (i,n,i*n)
    else:
        print "Only positive numbers between 1 and 12 please!"

i = input('Try a number ')
    print timestab(i)

The error message is:

File "C:\Documents and Settings\shey\Desktop\timesTab_8.py", line 15
    print timestab(i)
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax