[Tutor] Question about time module

Gus Tabares gus.tabares@verizon.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:38:12 -0400

Hello,

	I was checking the documentation about the time module when I stumbled
across time.time(). help(time) explains as follows:

time() -> floating point number

        Return the current time in seconds since the Epoch.
        Fractions of a second may be present if the system clock provides
them.

	Now, being the nonunderstanding high school student that I am, I went and
checked the definition of "Epoch". It was as follows:

1. A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or
noteworthy.

	Could anyone tell me when this is? Could it possibly be when Guido first
introduced Python?;) It's a silly question, I am just curious:)

Thank You,
Gus