[Tutor] Inexperienced fool

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 01:08:05 -0400

Na, ya came to the right place, best support community this side of
Ceres Polytechnic University. Took me from a perfect idiot to idiot
first class in a mere 6 weeks.

1. Wander around http://www.python.org/ a bunch. Read the newbie stuff,
get confused, read more, pop a breaker, walk away a little, come back,
read some more. Ask questions  here.

2. Install IDLE in your PC. Play with it. Ask questions here.

3. Writer a few simple scripts. Try them on the pc. If you have a
server, and it mounts python, try them out there. Get more confused, ask
questions here.

Welcome, you are in very good company. The only STUPID question is the
one you refuse to ask because you are afraid. I would not have written
tinylist had I let fear master me- and I was VERY afraid- of looking
like a fool, of being laughed at. My respect for the peerage of this
list is DEEP.

steven bruce wrote:

> Hi
>
> I know nothing about programming except a bit of HTML.  I am trying to do a
> couple of hours each night trying to learn Python.  I am doing the modules
> in the beginners section and cant for the life of me get a password guessing
> programme to keep track of how many times the wrong password has been
> entered.
> help would be greatly appreciated.
> very embarrassed
>
> Steve