[Tutor] Re: Python + MySQL

Watt III, Glenn gwatt3@backbonesecurity.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:42:27 -0400

>>Where can I find a tutorial on Python and MySQL?
>>I searched that docs which returned no result and I did some searches
>>on google and never found anything either.

Ok kyle im pretty new to mysql myself however i have found source forge
to have some usefull info as well as this site
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/db-sig/2002-March/002336.html at first
it will look impossible however it really isnt that bad. You need to
have the MySQLdb downloaded as well as having MySQL. The best advice I
can give you is to read the above web site and learn the MySQL language
its very basic. Using the MySQLdb module is essentially assigning the
MySQL commands as a string to some variable and executing that varible.
I hope this is of some help!
							Glenn