[Tutor] Re: Python information

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:49:24 -0700

Yigal Duppen wrote:

>But getting back to my original point: I suspect that once you have been
>contaminated by purely procedural programming, it takes a lot of mind bending
>to understand OO in its entirety.

Yep. I taught OO for many years. I could take non-technical managers and
have them grokking objects and their basics in a half-day workshop. New
programmers usually took a day or two. Procedurally trained programmers
more like two or three sessions of 2-5 days each spread over 2-3 months.
COBOL programmers? Never did get it. But that's another story. :-)

My experience is that most people who have trouble with objects do so
because they try to make them much more complicated than they really are.

Dan Shafer, Chief Scribe and Tablet Keeper
PythonCard Open Source Project
http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net