[Tutor] Pre-Tk Hacking Question

Brian Wisti brian@coolnamehere.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:42:08 +0000

Hi all,

I'm really starting to get bored of the default look of Tkinter under
Linux.  There are a few Tk patches out there which change the look to
emulate Windows and NextStep widgets (among others).  Does anybody
have any idea whether applying these patches would affect Tkinter? If
so, would it be in a good way, or a bad way? It's been a few years
since I messed with these patches, but back then they didn't have any
impact on the performance of my system's Tcl/Tk stuff.

Then again, maybe I should just learn more about the wxPython
interface and use happy little GTK themes to solve my eye-candy
dilemma.  So, next question:  any good wxPython / wxWindows books in
the works?

Thanks,
Brian Wisti
brian@coolnamehere.com