[Tutor] windows and filenames (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

(Ian! verified it; it works.  *grin*)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:35:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Danny Yoo <dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: Ian! <imcmeans@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] windows and filenames

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Ian! wrote:

> hmm.. that's not really what I need, FindFiles only returns the base of the
> path (the filename without the directory). I would hack together a version
> that goes down the path to the root of the drive and concatenates the
> returned values from FindFiles, but FindFiles returns nothing for
> directories, so I can't use it for directories.

Doh.  There's another FAQTS entry that might be more useful here:

    http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4444

According to them, FindFiles() should work with directories if you do it
piecewise, starting from the root directory, and working downward.

I'd like to forward this to Tutor as well, just in case this actually does
work... *grin*  Is this ok with you?

Good luck!