[Tutor] windows and filenames

Paul Sidorsky paulsid@shaw.ca
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:16:38 -0600

"Ian!" wrote:

> Paul - when I use win32api.GetFullPathName('f:\\mp3s\\electr~1'), it just
> returns the exact same string I fed it. I think by "Full", it means "local
> files get returned with whole path", not "windows filenames get resolved".

That's very strange.  The Win32 SDK docs say the following under
GetFullPathName():

lpFilePart
   Points to a variable that receives the address (in lpBuffer) of the
   final filename component in the path. This filename component is
   the long filename, if any, rather than the 8.3 form of the filename.

Maybe there's a bug in the win32api wrapper?  I've never used it though
so I probably shuldn't guess as to what's going on.  Hopefully somebody
else has an answer.

Paul Sidorsky                                          Calgary, Canada
paulsid@shaw.ca                        http://members.shaw.ca/paulsid/