[Tutor] 1 only book

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:31:25 +0100

If I only had one Python book it would have to
be Programming Python by Lutz.

The reasoning is simple:
1) The standard online documentation covers my
   reference requirements adequately (although
   I'd hate to give up Beazley's Python Essential
   Reference I could, at a pinch, survive using
   the official docs)
2) Of all the Python books I think PP best explains
   the ideas behind Python as well as covering a lot
   of stuff the reference docs don't. Especially
   Pythonic idioms.
3) Its a well made book that won't fall apart thru'
   regular use.

But if I could have a second book it'd be Beazley
every time!

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site