[Tutor] (no subject)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, westpa westpa wrote:

> ok I am reading down throught the article and I get most of it, but i
> need to find the interpreter on my computer, i have windows 98, how do i
> interpret the text, i am typing it in "notepad" thanks wwestpa

Hi Westpa,

Welcome!

You'll need to download the Python interpreter and run your program from
there.  You can find a link to the interpreter here:

    http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.2/Python-2.2.exe

Just install the Python-2.2.exe executable, and you should be ok.

Instead of using Notepad, you might want to use IDLE, a text editor
designed for editing Python --- many people have found it easier to use
because it handles indentation and does syntax colorizing too.  Here's a
tutorial for using IDLE with Python:

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

Please feel free to ask more questions.  We'll be happy to get you
started.  Good luck!