[Tutor] Re: Interpreter

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:30:40 -0400

On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 08:04  AM, Rog=E9rio Brito wrote:

> On Apr 19 2002, Erik Price wrote:
>> To the best of my knowledge, you will need to install X11, since
>> that provides Tk libraries.
>
> 	Aren't there Carbonized versions of Tcl/Tk? I'd love to be
> 	able to use Tkinter under MacOS X, without an Xserver. Is this
> 	possible?

I had heard that there were... in fact, at one time someone on this list=20=

passed me a screenshot of Tk running on OS X.  Apple recently announced=20=

(in ADC) that the Tk libraries are indeed carbonized.  But I'm not=20
familiar with any package that sets it up easily for you -- perhaps if=20=

you are willing to do the legwork.

I did find this

http://www.apple.com/scitech/news/

which mentions that you can use Fink to install Tcl/Tk.  But I haven't=20=

done it myself.

There's more info here

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/tcltk/darwin.xhtml

Good luck