[Tutor] Music player for various formats

Prahlad Vaidyanathan slime@vsnl.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:28:20 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, 04 Apr 2002 Tim Wilson spewed into the ether:
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Prahlad Vaidyanathan wrote:
>
> > Also, I haven't found a decent module to handle MP3 files, and I was
> > wondering if anyone here has seen/written something I could use.
>
> Pygame can play MP3s. (http://www.pygame.org/) I've got a student
> writing an MP3 player for his spring project.

Hmm .. Just checked, and pygame-1.4 does not seem to support MP3s ...

$ python
Python 2.2 (#2, Feb 25 2002, 20:10:48)
[GCC 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.
>>> import pygame.mixer
>>> pygame.mixer.init()
>>> sf = pygame.mixer.Sound('test/test.mp3')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  pygame.error: Unrecognized file type (not VOC)

I've also just asked on the pygame-users list, and am awaiting
replies. Thanks !

pv.
--
Prahlad Vaidyanathan  <http://www.symonds.net/~prahladv/>

Never buy what you do not want because it is cheap; it will be dear to you.
		-- Thomas Jefferson