FW: [Tutor] How to spawn python appliation from C interface in Linux

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:04:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Ajaya Babu wrote:

> Ok..., You may ask why cant python applicatin can be server...., Yes
> It can be.., But I am facing problem with python server mode...,
> Python select call is not recognizing peersocket as a socket..it was
> giving exception. earlier I've sent this to our mailing list.
>
> My demo is today..., so I changed this for temparaly so that demo goes
> well. But unfortunately...I've not got any answer for python select
> fucntin problem.

Just checking up on this --- have you found out yet why it's giving an
exception?  To tell the truth, I've never played with select(), so I can't
help on this one.

You might want to talk with the main comp.lang.python newsgroup --- the
people there are often very experienced at this sort of stuff, and may be
able to help you better.

Good luck!