[Tutor] python newbie need help

Rino Mardo rmardo@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:17:00 +0800

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:56:29PM -0400 or thereabouts, cruciatuz wrote:
>=20
<...snipped...>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>=20
> def faktor(a,b):
>   while b !=3D 0:
>     a, b =3D b, a % b
>     return a
>=20
> if __name__ =3D=3D '__main__': # checks if the script is started as main
>   print faktor(13, 55)     # calls the function faktor(a, b)
> 					=09
thanks Stefan for that bit of info.  i have managed to make it work
and have actually moved on to accepting arguments from the command
line.

for my first actual python project i'm thinking of a utility to
archive my mails stored in a Maildir mailbox.  however, i'm finding it
difficult to find any reference as to what is the syntax should be for
most of python's modules.  take for example "os.system("cd "+dirName)"
the language reference nor the library has no mention of what the
syntax should for that command.  should i put a comma to separate the
arguments or no comma at all?  i think what i'm looking for something
similar to the syntax diagram of pascal.

is there something similar in python?

--=20
"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and impossible
to accomplish complex actions."   --Doug Gwyn  (22/Jun/91 in comp.unix.wiza=
rds)

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J--